Associate VFX Artist - Sledgehammer Games
- Sledgehammer Games
- ART0001A5 Requisition #
To earn this spot, you have experience delivering high-quality VFX art, fierce art skills in composition and modeling, an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, extensive knowledge of FPS gameplay/landscape, and a deep passion for playing videogames.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating stunning visuals effects for the FPS genre using proprietary real time particle systems.
- High standards of artist skill in creating texture assets for effects.
- A critical eye and appreciation of cinematics when placing effects.
- Finding and dealing with technical issues using performance metric tools.
- Creatively solving technical issues that arise.
- Working with Level Designers and Team Leads to create FX for stunning environments and compelling moments.
- At least 1 to 3 years of next-gen visual effects development on console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC)
- Experience with and a good working knowledge of the limitations and expectations of next generation hardware
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya and Photoshop
- Ability to communicate effectively with both Artists and Programmers
- An intimate knowledge of Art skills (e.g. knowledge of composition, color, 3d modeling and painting)
- Advanced understanding of how to create textures for games.
- Advanced understanding of the limitations of runtime effects and how to get the best results
- Strong background in modeling, animation and/or traditional art.
- High-end rendering of particle effects and fluid dynamics.
- Specialty post-production work for game cinematics.
- Experience with After Effects.
- Experience and comfort with one or more scripting/programming languages.
- Secondary education, Bachelors of Fine arts or equivalent.
- Ability to assist with other art tasks, including light 2d, 3d, or concept tasks.
- Strong understanding of real-time physics system
Sledgehammer Games, are the Developers of : Call of Duty, Advanced Warfare, and was founded with a singular goal: Achieve Excellence, while making and having fun!
We have a state of the art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers.
If you are passionate and driven to do your best work, and have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online.