Manager, Marketing Analytics (Contract)
- MAR0000KP Requisition #
The Manager of Marketing Analytics will work closely with Internal Marketing Groups, Studios, Executive Management, and Technology organizations to deliver world-class personalized communication programs. We have a tremendous amount of data on how gamers play our games. We need, however, an analytics expert who has the passion, experience, skills and ability to turn that data into action – all driving towards increasing gamer fun.
This position would be employed by an external agency (Volt), working onsite with Activision Publishing.
What you’ll do:
· Provide thought leadership in a number of areas, including customer segmentation, behavior based modeling (propensity, churn, LTV, etc…) data strategy and analytic approaches.
· Work with Sr. Management to answer strategic business questions through the use of behavioral data.
· Develop 1-1 personalization approach utilizing a vast store of behavioral data.
· Develop and execute testing and optimization plans for ongoing CRM campaigns.
· Work across multiple data sources (Web, in-game, CS) to develop a complete picture of gamer behavior
· Work with technology teams to ensure our solutions can deliver on our goals.
· Collaborate with other analytics groups across the organization to share best practice and methods.
What you’ll bring:
· 5+ years of experience in database mining/marketing with very large, complex and multi-dimensional datasets.
· Thorough understanding and ability to apply supervised and unsupervised learning models.
· Must be able to synthesize disparate data to mine and communicate not only data but insights
· Excellent collaboration and communication skills with a proven track record of working across all levels of the organization.
· Experience with large individual customer behavioral data sets (gaming, retail, financial services) and expertise in communication channel best practices, including multi-channel marketing.
· Technical mastery in advanced database mining tools such as SQL and SAS/R/Python (any of the three) with the ability to coach and train others on best practice.
· Gaming experience particularly with the Call of Duty franchise a strong plus
· Exceptional data analysis in Excel including ability to write macros
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Destiny®.