Technical Artist - High Moon Studios
- High Moon Studios
- ART000126 Requisition #
High Moon Studios is seeking a talented, experienced, and self-directed Shading Technical Artist to join our award winning video game studio.
• Work collaboratively with other departments, especially supporting the environment, lighting, and VFX team with techniques and processes for developing high quality visuals.
• Mentor artists on techniques for developing high quality geometry and shaders from photo references and procedural processes.
• Develop concepts and executes photography, texture painting, physical based lighting, node base shader creation, procedural texture creation, function development, and vector math as it relates to 3d rendering.
• Recognize inefficiencies and problems in existing pipelines and identifies solutions.
• Support improvement/enhancements of processes throughout the project cycle.
• Check art content against technical guidelines.
• Assist other artists in technical aspects of game creation.
• Competent in setting up complex game events from rigging, animating, shading, effects, and post process, etc.
• 2 years of professional experience in game development or a strong technical and artistic portfolio.
• Competence in current real time rendering techniques and real time content creation processes.
• Excellent Photoshop skills in painting realistic textures and processing textures to be used in physically based rendering.
• Strong understanding of procedural texture creation in various applications such as Substance Designer, Quixel, etc.
• Strong understanding of baking high to low poly geometry, procedural geometry generation, and UV mapping.
• Strong artistic instinct with a passion for procedural processes and automation.
• Strong understanding of shader languages such as HLSL, GLSL, etc.
• Good understanding of 3D modeling, UV creation, Shading, Rendering, and basic animation in either Max or Maya.
• Good understanding of performance impact from shader complexity and GPU performance analysis.
• Experience with developing tools for artists in Python, C#, or Java.
• Experience with node based shader creation tools.
• Communicates and collaborates effectively with the development team.
• Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
• An adaptable and continuous learner.
• Solid Art and Programming skills.
• Experience with Substance Designer procedural filter development.
• Experience with World Builder.
• Photogrammetry experience.
• Experience in HDR physically based lighting and shader pipeline.
• Competence in C# and C++.
• CS degree or technical art degree.
World class games start with world class talent! This is a unique time in Activision’s history – and one of the most exciting opportunities to join us! Activision Blizzard, headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, is the premier worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software like Call of Duty, Destiny and the Blizzard Entertainment Franchises.
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio that’s developed for blockbuster franchises like Call of Duty and Transformers. We are 100 people strong, located in the always-sunny beachside city of Carlsbad, California.
Our goal is simple: make game experiences that kick ass and blow minds. High Moon Studios is led by award winning veterans and a crack production staff that have over 200 years of combined development experience. We work hard. We play hard. It’s time to add world class talent as we partner with Bungie to work on their ground breaking Destiny Franchise.