Technical Designer - High Moon Studios
- High Moon Studios
- DES00000E Requisition #
High Moon Studios is seeking a talented and self-directed Technical Designer to join our award-winning video game studio.
- Central point of contact in the design department to assist with technical tasks and gameplay scripting.
- Collaborate with design, engineering, art, animation and audio teams to prototype and implement innovative gameplay mechanics.
- Improve team productivity, game quality and performance by identifying technical issues and implementing solutions.
- Be a role model within the design department for efficiently creating technical content and scripts.
- Investigate various game systems and their limitations to better inform and assist in the creation of new gameplay mechanics.
- Develop and implement reward systems that drive player investment.
- Wide range of programming language experience (Python, Java, C#, Lua)
- Technical Degree or equivalent work experience is a plus.
- 2+ years of game industry experience.
- Solid understanding of gameplay mechanics and the game design process.
- Strong debugging and trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Reasonable Experience with content creation software such as Maya or Max and Photoshop.
- Able to read and understand C++.
- Experience developing a networked multiplayer game
- Experience with multiple game engines
- Familiarity with loot and reward based investment systems.
World class games start with world class talent! This is a unique time in Activision’s history – and one of the most exciting opportunities to join us! Activision Blizzard, headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, is the premier worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software like Call of Duty, Destiny and the Blizzard Entertainment Franchises.
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio that’s developed for blockbuster franchises like Call of Duty and Transformers. We are 100 people strong, located in the always-sunny beachside city of Carlsbad, California.
Our goal is simple: make game experiences that kick ass and blow minds. High Moon Studios is led by award winning veterans and a crack production staff that have over 200 years of combined development experience. We work hard. We play hard. It’s time to add world class talent as we partner with Bungie to work on their ground breaking Destiny Franchise.