Engine Software Engineer - Infinity Ward
- Infinity Ward
- PRO0001EK Requisition #
Infinity Ward is looking for a skilled Engine Software Engineer to work on core systems and pipelines in our proprietary engine. You should be comfortable and competent working in both low level and mid-level code. And you should have a good sense for overall software architecture.
• Performance and memory optimizations to engine subsystems
• Improving and optimizing geometry and texture processing pipelines
• Continued improvements to the material authoring and material factory systems
• Assisting with and/or directing the porting of miscellaneous platform-specific code, as necessary
• Working with occlusion culling and procedural animation systems
• Be able to break down and design code features
• Contribute ideas for features and improvements as the engine evolves
• Must be fluent in C/C++
• 4+ years of programming experience
• Good understanding of multi-threaded programming
• Strong 3D skills and low-level engine experience are essential.
• Know when not to use object oriented programming
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won over 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. In 2007, the studio released Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, a revolutionary title that set the bar for the modern first-person shooter.
Our latest releases, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Call of Duty: Ghosts, broke records with the fastest revenue generating launches of any entertainment product. In 2014, Infinity Ward merged with Neversoft, bringing together two talented and accomplished groups under one roof, with the goal of creating the best games possible.
Infinity Ward is located in Woodland Hills, California, just outside of Los Angeles. A critically-acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and accomplished development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent workplace environment.
Activision Blizzard and its affiliated companies is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.