Assistant Video Editor - Art Services
- Activision Publishing Santa Monica
- MAR0000JD Requisition #
Activision is looking for an Assistant Video Editor to join the Art Services team. This position is a contract role employed by an external agency (Volt), but working onsite at Activision.
The Jr. Video Editor role provides support services to all engaged departments: PR, GBM, PMG, and development studios to produce high-quality art assets, primarily videos. Typical end use will include editorial, marketing, internal, and more audiences, as needed.
- Editing, using Adobe Premiere CC
- Capturing gameplay
- Reviewing and revising shot lists, as needed
- Tech services, such as altering resolutions, creating and adding end slates, cut downs, etc.
- Provide support to sr. editors/editors where needed
- Other duties, as assigned
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere CC
- Ability to multitask while maintaining professionalism and composure
- Thick skinned, good listener and able to take constructive criticism
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and be self-suffient when it comes to priortizing deadlines
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Color Correction and Soundtrack Pro a plus
- A demo reel showcasing work in Adobe Premiere CC and any additional programs listed above
- 1–2 years of experience in the video game industry a plus
- Customer Service experience a plus
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Destiny®.