Job Title: FP&A Manager, International
Reporting to: FP&A Director, International
Contract Term: Permanent
Location: Ditton Park Campus, Datchet
Activision Blizzard has been writing video game history since 1979. Our portfolio, developed by our incredibly talented teams, includes some of the strongest franchises in all of entertainment (including Call of Duty, Destiny, Skylanders, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Candy Crush). Our entertainment network has more than 500 million monthly active users in over 200 countries, and we’re continuing to expand our capabilities across new platforms, genres, audiences and geographies.
Through our five key operating units; Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King Digital Entertainment, Activision Blizzard Studios and Media Networks, Activision Blizzard is combining video games on console, PC and mobile, together with eSports and TV & film, as we continue to be one of the most influential and successful interactive entertainment companies in the world.
Our road to victory begins with Talent! Click to explore what it's like to work at one of the world's leading entertainment companies - www.abpeoplefirst.com
Lead the financial planning and analysis processes of the International (Europe, Middle East and Asia) Publishing business both Retail & Digital. Drive finance part of transition to Digital and help build a centre of excellence on Digital within FP&A function. Role seen as front line financial partner/force of change & recommendation with stakeholders including International HQ, Business Units and Territories.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties*:
• Acting as Deputy when FP&A Director (FP&AD) is unavailable.
• Develop and prepare insightful, timely and accurate financial analysis that enables ongoing assessment of operating performance against agreed targets, delivers key business insights to the senior management and helps identify risks and opportunities
• Drive development of Digital, reporting, analysis, insights related to Gamer engagement (MAUs, DAUs etc.), spending patterns (ARPDAU etc.), in partnership with Business Intelligence/BUs and support forecasting/projections/modelling, etc.
• Partner with LT, Territories, Business Units, Central functions and Corporate Finance teams to ensure planning and reporting objectives are met and lead/support ad hoc financial analysis projects for International Management and Corporate
• Lead quarter-end consolidation and review of key reserves balances, namely price protection and return reserves (SRPP) as well as Pricing
• Lead preparation of quarter-end finance packs/presentations to the International Publishing Leadership Team and CFO/Corporate Finance on P&L (notably volume/pricing variance analysis by BU and revenue stream, Revenue and OI bridge) and Cash
• Lead (with support of BU Finance & International FP&A team) the forecasting/planning/analysis process of International AOP, Forecasts and Quarter End, including challenging of assumptions/variance analysis/... for both P&L & Cash. Ensure budgets are submitted on time, adequately reviewed and understood by all stakeholders.
• Develop the necessary financial analysis for FP&AD, participate in business meetings with BUs and Territories, ensure that forecasts are updated to reflect the outcome of these meetings, track forecast accuracy
• Alongside FP&AD prepare/present AOP/Forecasts to Leadership team and BU Management
• Develop leadership skills through people management – Manage 2 FP&A Analysts in all aspects of training & development (knowledge/skills/attitude), appraisals and career development initiatives: stimulating high performance, providing ongoing support & direction, ...
• Comply with Activision Blizzard policies and procedures to guarantee the reliability of financial reporting within the area of responsibility; this includes the accuracy of VSM spend and other related accruals
• Find and execute on opportunities to reduce non value added work, improve on existing processes/reporting and maximize the value and impact of analyses (P&L & Cash)
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement across all activities and in all relationships with other functions and territories
• Experience working within Digital/e-commerce/subscription model
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in Business Studies/Finance
• Highly analytical, precise, detail oriented and well organised
• Excellent written and oral communication in English
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Team player, sociable, interacts with co-workers well
• Excellent system skills (Excel, Oracle, Essbase, Hyperion)
• Ability to work independently under tight deadlines, manage different tasks at the same time and set priorities appropriately
• Should be able to handle various pressure situations and workload through proper work balance and prioritisation
• Adherence to deadlines
• Sense of humour
• ‘Have done, can do, will do’ approach with positive attitude
• Ability to deal and liaise with colleagues at all levels within Activision Blizzard
• Self-starter with drive and enthusiasm
• Actively communicates with local management, territories and corporate
• Proven leadership skills
Based in Ditton Park, our Campus houses a number of great amenities as well as transport links. The Parkland settings offer; tennis courts, an onsite gym, canteens and cafes, on onsite creche etc. It is conveniently close to Junction 5 of the M4 giving a direct links to central London, the M25 and Heathrow airport. Free shuttle buses also run from both Slough and Datchet train stations.
* The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.