- Finance - EU
- FIN0000H9 Requisition #
Job Title: GL Accountant
Reporting to: UK and UK Studios Financial Controller
Contract Term: Permanent
Location: Ditton Park Campus, Datchet
Activision Blizzard has been writing video game history since 1979, elevating ourselves to be one of the most influential and successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading Activision Publishing franchises includes: Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, Guitar Hero® and Destiny®, as well as established licensed properties like Spider-Man™ and Transformers®. For Blizzard Entertainment we have built franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Hearthstone®, StarCraft®, Diablo®, Heroes of the Storm® and Overwatch®.
Activision Blizzard is the parent company of Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment, providing global leadership as well as corporate group functions (e.g., HR, IT, Finance, Legal, Sales, and Supply Chain) for both companies and our offices around the world.
To support the UK and UK Studios Financial Controller in maintaining the legal entities general ledger under both US and UK GAAP. Role seen as a financial partner to the accounting and finance teams based at Ditton Park including the teams within UK and International accounting and FP&A team at all levels
- Finance Directors, Finance Managers, and members of their teams.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties*:
- Maintenance of modules with R12 which include but not limited to fixed assets, cash management, intercompany and general ledger
- Responsible for the vendor maintenance process and ensuring a timely and accurate output
- Preparation and posting of journals ensuring clear documentation supports entries
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis using online reconciliation tools
- Ensure clean monthly close in relation to the general ledger, performing detailed analysis to ensure correct balances in accordance with the International accounting calendar
- Providing variance analysis and supporting commentary on the quarterly balance sheet review
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns, monthly EC Sales and Intrastat returns
- Providing US and UK GAAP guidance to the UK legal entities through a variety of ways including ad-hoc queries and regular briefings
- Key point of contact for internal and external auditors providing timely and complete responses
- SOX and Internal Compliance controls related to area
- To be able to provide cover for the senior GL accountant when required
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement across all activities and in all relationships with other functions and territories
- Adhoc tasks as required
- Post qualification experience (ACCA/ACA) essential
- Solid understanding of accounting principles under both UK and US GAAP
- VAT reporting and compliance experience
- Excellent system skills (Excel, Oracle R12, Essbase, Hyperion)
- Use of online reconciliation tools highly desirable
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines, manage different tasks at the same time and set priorities appropriately
- Experience working within Multinational Consumer Product environment at regional or corporate level
- Highly analytical, precise, detail oriented and well organised
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Good interaction skills and ability to work as part of a bigger team
- Clear communicator, able to present ideas and requirements and provide clear documentation to all levels
- Team player
Based in Ditton Park, our Campus houses a number of great amenities as well as transport links. The Parkland settings offer; tennis courts, an onsite gym, canteens and cafes, on onsite crèche etc. It is conveniently close to Junction 5 of the M4 giving a direct links to central London, the M25 and Heathrow airport. Free shuttle buses also run from both Slough and Datchet train stations.
* The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.