QA Systems Specialist (temporary) - Treyarch
- QUA0000HZ Requisition #
JOB TITLE: QA Systems Specialist
STATUS: Temporary employment
WORK FREQUENCY: 40 hrs/wk, weekends and overtime as needed
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: Varies; depends on project
We are looking for highly-motivated QA professionals with strong attention to detail and a passion for testing AAA games. The QA Systems Specialist performs day-to-day analysis and examination of entertainment media and associated material. Responsibilities include performing tests, reporting anomalies, and verifying implemented fixes throughout the project's development cycle.
The QA Systems Specialist will be hired as a Volt employee working on-site at Treyarch Studios as the client. The employment relationship and any employment related questions or concerns will be managed by Volt as the employer. Employment with Volt is contingent upon an acceptable background investigation and training period. All employees must submit to a seven-year multi-county and separately held misdemeanor court search and seven-year federal criminal search.
Only applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. There are no part-time positions available. Testing is performed on-site only in Santa Monica, CA.
No remote testing available. Relocation is not offered.
What you'll be doing:
- Effectively and efficiently identify, isolate and regress critical issues, focusing on high complexity and low occurrence concerns
- Report issues into the bug database using detailed descriptions, including information regarding frequency and meticulous instruction on how to reproduce the issue
- Take ownership of testing responsibilities for an assigned system. Develop inclusive understanding of the system, including its implementation, features, and limitations
- Compile status updates and test results in comprehensive reports
- Provide actionable feedback using clear, concise, and detailed communication
- Work in a team-based environment; complete individual tasks and collaborate on group assignments as necessary.
- Partner with Development and other team members to identify testing needs for a system or feature, and to ensure testing focus is aligned with Studio expectations
- Create and execute test cases to support the functional and qualitative criteria of the assigned system or feature
- Provide Development support as needed, including embedded QA support
- Effectively use given tools and automated test scripts; develop and maintain documentation with detailed and systematic knowledge of the testing toolset
- Help develop, implement and improve processes to maintain high quality and effectiveness of testing methods
- Help coach and mentor team members on testing process and best practices
The skills & experience you'll need:
- 2+ years testing experience in software, gaming, or similar industry
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Understanding of software development lifecycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of functional and subjective testing, with technical proficiency/aptitude and analytic skills
- Proficient with Devtrack or similar bug tracking databases
- Experience with software development tools
- Experience with test automation and test tools
- Ability to work with limited direction and supervision; initiative to seek out new tasks
- Strong work ethic, demonstrating interest, focus and high level of effort. Punctual, meets expectations on time
- Proficient working on a Windows workstation
- Strong working knowledge of PC software and Microsoft Office
- Experience and familiarity with multiple gaming platforms and peripherals
And you'll really get our attention if you have:
- 3+ years testing experience in software or gaming industry
- Undergraduate degree in math, science, programming, or related field
- Formal technical education or experience; strong technical knowledge base
Developing games since 1996, Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, and has garnered a reputation for being one of the industry's premier art, design and technology powerhouses. Our studio’s successful track record of releasing AAA blockbuster hits (you've heard of Call of Duty: Black Ops 1,2 and 3, right?), extensive infrastructure and strong management provides a solid foundation from which it can successfully pioneer major franchises and build on our successes to date.