Job Title: Senior Director, Digital Commerce, International
Department: Sales (inc Digital)
Reporting To: SVP, Global Digital and Mobile Commerce
Contract Term: Permanent
Location: Ditton Park Campus, Datchet
Activision Blizzard has been writing video game history since 1979. Our portfolio, developed by our incredibly talented teams, includes some of the strongest franchises in all of entertainment (including Call of Duty, Destiny, Skylanders, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Candy Crush). Our entertainment network has more than 500 million monthly active users in over 200 countries, and we’re continuing to expand our capabilities across new platforms, genres, audiences and geographies.
Through our five key operating units; Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King Digital Entertainment, Activision Blizzard Studios and Media Networks, Activision Blizzard is combining video games on console, PC and mobile, together with eSports and TV & film, as we continue to be one of the most influential and successful interactive entertainment companies in the world.
Our road to victory begins with Talent! Click to explore what it's like to work at one of the world's leading entertainment companies - www.abpeoplefirst.com
The Senior Director of Digital Commerce for International will oversee the European and APAC implementation of the Global Digital Commerce Strategy, and take a leadership role in its evolution. Working closely with both the SVP of Global Digital and the EVP of the International Sales Organisation, this role will be primarily responsible for executing new digital programs with existing and new customers, while growing the overall OI of the region. Leading the Digital team in Ditton Park, success will be achieved by developing local relationships with the management teams of the digital stores of the First Parties to drive a collaborative approach to selling our titles to end consumers, and by partnering with Activision’s local teams to amplify digital activities at the country level. In addition, this person will be a key member of the International Leadership Team and will advocate digital thinking and expertise across the region.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties*:
• Oversee the sales and retail marketing relationships with digital accounts across International
• PlayStation Network, Microsoft Xbox Live, Steam, Nintendo, Apple and other key accounts
• Partner with the Retail teams to support the management of web-based and retail-assisted digital sales (ESD) with an eye towards year-round consumer engagement
• Partner with International Media teams to plan and execute digital store media buys
• Develop a deep understanding of the differences in behaviour / unique opportunities in the International territories and design strategy to exploit those opportunities and represent that understanding to the global organization
• Develop and track KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and assess reporting needs to enhance insight into the business and highlight areas of operational improvement
• Manage the Digital Sales, Digital Supply Chain, and Digital Conversion Marketing teams
• Work with local BUs to optimize the digital product releases
• Develop and provide recommendations on sku configuration and content plans, catalogue promotions, and merchandising to generate additional revenues and sustain engagement
• Assess digital customer profitability on a customer-by-customer basis
Key Working Relationships:
• Intl Leadership team
• Director, Digital Commerce, Intl
• Global Digital Commerce team
• Digital clients/buyers
• Retail Sales / country Trade Marketing teams
• Consumer Marketing / Brand Marketing / Digital Marketing
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
• Prior significant digital sales / marketing experience
• Prior significant business development experience with major IP
• Prior ownership of a significantly sized P&L
• Prior experience managing teams
• Experience in web and mobile consumer platforms essential
• Deep understanding of engagement driven business models
• Must be creative, smart, and passionate, as well as a problem solver and a team player.
• Tech savvy and tech curious
• Knowledge/ experience of digital transformation in multiple markets
• Experience in introducing new digital approaches to organizations
• Proven ability to develop and execute complex plans
• a strong track record of data-driven decision making.
• Strong ability to create new knowledge, synthesise data, condense large amounts of information, simplify difficult concepts, make sense of ambiguity, organise the unstructured and to present in an easily consumed fashion
• Ability to build credibility with and effectively influence senior executives from a variety of disciplines.
• Passion for outstanding digital practice and innovation.
• Change driver with the energy and talents to inspire your teams.
Based in Ditton Park, our Campus houses a number of great amenities as well as transport links. The Parkland settings offer; tennis courts, an onsite gym, canteens and cafes, on onsite crèche etc. It is conveniently close to Junction 5 of the M4 giving a direct links to central London, the M25 and Heathrow airport. Free shuttle buses also run from both Slough and Datchet train stations.
* The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.