Senior Finance Manager (Transactional Services)
- Finance - EU
- FIN0000HA Requisition #
Job Title: Senior Finance Manager (Transactional Services)
Reporting to: Senior Director Accounting & Controls - International
Contract Term: Permanent
Location: Ditton Park, Datchet U.K.
Activision Blizzard has been writing video game history since 1979. Our portfolio, developed by our incredibly talented teams, includes some of the strongest franchises in all of entertainment (including Call of Duty, Destiny, Skylanders, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Overwatch and Candy Crush). Our entertainment network has approximately 500 million monthly active users in over 200 countries, and we’re continuing to expand our capabilities across new platforms, genres, audiences and geographies.
Through our five key operating units; Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King Digital Entertainment, Activision Blizzard Studios and Major League Games, Activision Blizzard is combining video games on console, PC and mobile, together with eSports and TV & film, as we continue to be one of the most influential and successful interactive entertainment companies in the world.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties*:
1. Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Director Accounting & Controls you will lead the Purchase to Pay (PtP), Invoice to Cash (ItC) and Payroll teams and processes for multiple Activision Blizzard locations in the International organisation. You will also be responsible for, and oversee international payment processing, treasury back office and controls, and intercompany settlement processes.
You will act as the International Business Process Owner for PtP, ItC and Payroll.
PtP, ItC and Payroll operational management 40%
Team management and development 25%
Process improvement and ad-hoc projects 25%
BPO role 10%
2. Position Duties:
The main areas of work are as follows:
• Manages the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll Transaction Services teams in Ditton Park and Amsterdam.
• Defines and delivers KPI-led services for the PtP, ItC and payroll processes and produces regular reports to management that demonstrate continual KPI improvement.
• Monitors the delivery of KPI’s and effectively manages and develops the teams and ensures operational back-up for all roles.
• Leads continual process improvements and projects, e.g. implementing system changes and new business flows.
• Responsible for VAT processing support (completion VAT returns).
• Responsible for the Intercompany settlement process.
• Responsible for Treasury back office & Controls.
• Responsible for the Payment and Cash management process.
• Accountable for delivering SOX compliant services and securing prompt resolution of audit weaknesses.
• Responds to inquiries from the Territory teams, Corporate team and other stakeholders regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
• Liaises and works together on process improvements with the Global Business Process Owners for PtP, ItC and Payroll.
Principal Working Relationships
Tax team Amsterdam
Treasury team Amsterdam
• The candidate must have an accounting qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with extensive post qualification experience.
• The candidate must have a background in accounting and shared services operations.
• The candidate must have experience with the implementation of Transaction Shared Services for A/R, A/P and payroll.
• Experience with the G/L, A/P and A/R modules of an ERP system is essential, Oracle (R12) experience is highly preferable.
• Experience with automated invoice scanning processes is required.
• Strong PC skills, including Excel, Word and Outlook are required.
• The candidate must have good written and oral communication skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
• The candidate must be able to prioritise work and respond appropriately to urgent matters.
• The candidate should be a proven team player with a sense of fun and a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Proven success in building high performing teams and managing and developing talent is required.
• The candidate will need to embrace change and have a proven track record of initiating and driving continual process improvement.
• The candidate will need to be capable of delivering efficient processes that incorporate an evident knowledge and understanding of financial and system controls.
• The candidate must be willing to travel (appr. 25%).
Based in Ditton Park, our Campus houses a number of great amenities as well as transport links. The Parkland settings offer; tennis courts, an onsite gym, canteens and cafes, on onsite crèche etc. It is conveniently close to Junction 5 of the M4 giving a direct links to central London, the M25 and Heathrow airport. Free shuttle buses also run from both Slough and Datchet train stations.
* The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.