Software Engineer (Sound/Audio) - Treyarch
- PRO0001LS Requisition #
We are looking to fill a Sound Engineer (programmer) role to work with the award winning Treyarch Sound team. Ideal candidate will thrive in a team environment and be able to solve complex sound problems using a variety of skills. We are looking for a talented individual that is not satisfied with just completing their tasks but someone who wants to push the limits of audio technology. The successful candidate will be part of a small team creating new tools and run-time code and supporting existing technology for our next game release and beyond. This person will work closely with other engineers, sound designers and production and should be both an excellent programmer and communicator. Previous console experience is a must.
- develop new tools and game code while supporting the existing sound pipeline from asset creation through run-time playback
- work closely with Audio Director and Lead Sound Designer to turn feature requests into tools and systems
- participate in R&D projects to help drive the future of audio technology at Treyarch
- interface with producers, level designers, sound designers and other engineers to prioritize, track down, reproduce and fix critical sound issues
- at least 3-5 years of production experience with C/C++, ideally in a sound related field
- experience shipping at least 1 console game
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- experience designing robust software solutions
- strong debugging skills
- background and passion for sound
- strong knowledge of sound rendering in games or related field
- degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
Nice to Have
- C#/.NET experience
- GUI design experience
- Low-level optimization skills
- Background in DSP, filter design, psychoacoustics
- experience with 3D world building software (Radiant)
- proficient with at least one scripting language (Lua, Python etc)
Developing games since 1996, Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent.
Prior to entering development for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3, the studio’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 set world-wide launch day records, with its previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops having also set an entertainment launch opening record (2010). Black Ops 2 continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
Treyarch is also the birthplace of Call of Duty's Zombies.
We employ the world’s greatest engineering, design and creative talent and give them the cutting-edge technology, tools and resources that they need to thrive creatively, both on their own and as teams.
It is our life’s passion to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. We are driven by a deep sense of pride, constantly striving to do the best work of our careers, so fans can have the most fun of their lives.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.