Summer Work Program
- Corporate Administration
- ADM000008 Requisition #
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) is the world's most successful standalone interactive entertainment company. We develop and publish some of the most beloved entertainment franchises, including Call of Duty®, Destiny, Skylanders®, Guitar Hero®, World of Warcraft®, StarCraft®, Diablo®, and Hearthstone®: Heroes of Warcraft™. The company was also named one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” in 2015 and 2016.
What makes Activision Blizzard unique is our highly-focused concentration on opportunities to create breakthrough entertainment experiences. We achieved revenue of $4.6 billion in 2016 and have over 7,500 employees globally across four main operating units: Blizzard Entertainment, Activision Publishing, Media Networks and Activision Blizzard Studios. With the acquisition of King Digital Entertainment and Major League Gaming, Activision Blizzard is positioned to expand our capabilities even further, across all platforms, genres, audience demographics, business models and geographies.
Our success starts, as it always has, with our people. At Activision Blizzard, we pride ourselves on not only attracting top talent, but also inspiring people to do the best work of their lives once they’re here. Our employees’ skill, passion and commitment is the core of our success. (www.activisionblizzard.com)
Activision Blizzard is seeking creative, talented, imaginative, ambitious and responsible students to join our team for the summer. The internship program gives students the opportunity to work directly with corporate functions, game development and business operations teams to solve problems that really matter to the company. You will be matched to a department based on interest and opportunity where you will work closely with the team to gain hands-on experience in the business of making games. Your experience will include a wide range of tasks like designing and implementing game concepts, play-testing existing and new games, supporting the identification of industry trends, tackling operational challenges, or working with customers.
- Comparing Destiny Collector’s Edition to competitors
- Evaluating culture at Activision and creating a plan to improve the employee experience
- Assessing in-game messaging; benchmarking Activision games to others in marketplace
The successful candidate will have a passion for games and entertainment and a passion for learning about the business of games.
Candidates for this position must be:
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Available for 8 weeks in June, July, and August
- Authorized to work in the US
The best candidate will be:
- A proven leader inside and outside the classroom
- Incredibly organized with project management experience at work, clubs, or classes
- An ambitious self-starter who is comfortable working on projects without direct supervision
- An excellent communicator and a strong writer
- An individual with strong interpersonal skills and be great at maintaining relationships
- Experienced with PowerPoint, Word, and Excel or any preferred presentation programs or web applications
Location: Internships are generally located at our Santa Monica, CA headquarters.
Applications: All online submissions must be accompanied by cover letter. Please let us know why you want to be a part of Activision!