Lead Tech Artist - Raven
- ART0001AK Requisition #
RAVEN SOFTWARE, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise [Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts, Advanced Warfare, Infinite Warfare, Call of Duty:Online] is seeking a passionate Lead Tech Artist to join our high-caliber team.
The Lead Technical Artist is the main backbone to the Technical Art Department. This individual will spearhead the development pipeline.
• Coordinate the technical art department, prioritize features, and work with the Art Director, Technical Director, and Design director to achieve common goals across the departments
• Oversee the day to day tasks of the technical team including scheduling, tools review, progress meetings, and mentoring others
• Primary source of communication between the engineering and art creation teams
• Take requests, prioritize, and delegate work across the Technical Art department while maintaining a consistent task list and priorities for the technical art team
• Proactively seek out opportunities to communicate both formally and informally with the team to build relationships, and identify possible pipeline issues
• Design, develop, document, and improve content pipelines
• Seek out and fix performance issues including, but not limited to: framerate issues, memory problems, material errors, and collision issues
• Constantly review the content creation pipeline to identify and fix any possible pipeline or technology deficiencies for the art department
• Research and develop pipeline and art systems within the game engine and 3rd party content packages
• Analyze competitive products and makes recommendations to senior management
• Meet with outside studios to communicate pipelines and tools
• Develop and document content creation guidelines
• Train the art team on best practices, new tools, and pipeline changes across multiple projects
• Be a positive and creative force in the team
• Mentor technical art team
• Provide team performance evaluations
• 6+ Years of game industry experience
• Extensive PBR and HDR knowledge
• Minimum 2-year 2D/3D art, design, or computer science degree, or equivalent experience with excellent critique and vocabulary skills. Bachelors a plus
• Shipped at least 3 AAA game titles
• Ability to lead a team of four or more Technical Artists with diverse backgrounds and skillsets
• Strong working knowledge of multiple 3D Packages (3Ds Max, Maya, Houdini, Photoshop)
• Understanding of Object Oriented Programming
• Shader development experience
• Understanding of game rendering pipelines
• Strong understanding of methods for optimizing game art assets for game engines
• Up to date knowledge of current art techniques and development processes.
• Strong technical proficiency in understanding proprietary tools and technology.
• Extensive experience with at least one discipline within the art pipeline (lighting, effects, environment, rigging, animation)
• Ability to design, develop and improve content pipelines, with experience developing user applications
• Strong technical writing and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines
• Positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, RAVEN SOFTWARE offers an upscale work environment with state-of-the-art workstations, competitive compensation, a fun, collaborative environment, affordable living and an exceptional quality of life.