Technical Lighting Artist - Raven
- ART0001AO Requisition #
• Achieve and maintain lighting of indoor and outdoor levels, using dynamic and/or static
lighting tools to enhance a scene or a character.
• Author pre-baked and real-time lighting via proprietary software.
• Maintain an artistic style coherent with the vision established by the Art and Lighting director.
• Use proprietary scripting language to author lighting events, post effects and color grading
• Experience with Physically Based Rendering tools.
• Keep a balance between visual quality and required performance.
• Research and development of industry lighting techniques, and standards.
• Utilization of HDR photographs in matte painting creation for in-game levels.
• Collaborate with Designers to ensure that lighting contributes to missions, goals and pace of
• 3-4 years of experience with lighting techniques within the game industry, film or equivalent.
• Experience using a scripting language such as; Python, Java, Perl, Mel, ect.
• Knowledge of color theory and strong sense of light and shadow.
• Working knowledge of 3DS Max or Maya and Photoshop.
• Knowledge of HDR photography.
• Strong knowledge of lighting techniques.
• Interest in pushing technical limits and learning new tools.
• Ability to manage one's own work with minimal supervision.
• Experience working with next-gen consoles.
• A strong portfolio that showcases lighting techniques.
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Knowledge of the Call of Duty franchise.
• Strong understanding of the FPS gameplay including knowledge of the best-in-class games in the genre.
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, RAVEN SOFTWARE offers an upscale work environment with state-of-the-art workstations, competitive compensation, a fun, collaborative environment, affordable living and an exceptional quality of life.