Weapons Artist - Raven
- ART00018U Requisition #
RAVEN SOFTWARE, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise [Modern Warfare Remaster, Infinite Warfare, Black Ops, Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty: Online, Ghosts, Modern Warfare] is looking for a talented and passionate Weapons Artist to join our team as we continue to develop the best games in the industry. The perfect candidate lives and breathes weapons and has an appreciation for the form and function of each weapon they create. This position will play one of the most critical roles on the team, as we develop the best First Person Shooters on the planet.
· Create high quality weapons, attachments, and equipment for in-game and promotional uses either through modeling, texturing, or designing.
· Rig and implement assets into the game.
· Work in collaboration with the Artists, Animators, and Designers to ensure the best player experience.
· Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
· Imagines, envisions and devises new approaches, concepts, models, designs and processes.
· Continuous learner with an ability to adapt to change.
· Communicates effectively with the development team.
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Passionate and knowledgeable about weapon and/or vehicle design and functionality.
· 3+ years of game development experience
· A strong portfolio that showcases hard-surface modeling skills with a focus on weapon assets
· Comprehensive knowledge of mechanical function and purpose, especially as it pertains to weapons
· Excellent skill in photo-realistic texturing and surfacing work
· Good eye for color and tonal balance, and graphic design
· Experience working with asset integration pipelines across different engines
· Expertise in Maya and Substance Painter
· 2D traditional art skills
· Strong understanding of PBR, real-time rendering, lighting and animation.
The ideal candidate will also have:
· Expert knowledge of weapons and equipment
· Outstanding knowledge of general military application and authenticity
· Excellent knowledge of the Call of Duty franchise
· Strong understanding of the FPS gameplay including knowledge of the best-in-class games in the genre
· Experience in generating weapon and/or vehicle concept artist
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, RAVEN SOFTWARE offers an upscale work environment with state-of-the-art workstations, competitive compensation, a fun, collaborative environment, affordable living and an exceptional quality of life.