Concept Art Intern 2017-Treyarch
- Activision Publishing Santa Monica
- ART000196 Requisition #
2017 CONCEPT ARTIST INTERNSHIP
Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, and has garnered a reputation for being one of the industry's premier art, design and technology powerhouses. The studio’s successful track record of releasing AAA blockbuster hits, extensive infrastructure and strong management provides a solid foundation from which it can successfully pioneer major franchises and build on our successes to date.
Treyarch Studios is looking for a talented artist to join our internship program as an Environment Artist Intern. This position requires an individual with strong artistic sensibilities, robust technical skills, and a strong work ethic. The individual must be passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful Environment Artist in the video game industry.
Treyarch is looking for talented, hard-working, energetic students for our concept art internship working on the most successful AAA First-Person Shooter in the world. Must display strong foundational drawing and painting skills in your portfolio including anatomy, proportions, perspective, rendering light on form, value, composition, storytelling, color, and dynamic sketching. Must be proficient with Photoshop. 3D proficiency is a plus. We will also be looking for your ability to observe, research, and analyze a variety of subject matters such as history, architecture, construction, and how things are made. Must have excellent communication skills. If hired, you will perform the following tasks:
- Reference gathering and organization for the environmental concept team.
- Creating quick sketches for environment concepts.
- Taking the sketches and modeling them into a 3d set using Modo/ SketchUp applying basic materials and creating some basic lighting for render
- Painting over renders and screenshots in Photoshop
- Organizing the images according to our standardized template and creating callout sheets using the reference gathered for the concept.
- Prepping and printing images for presentation.
- Design unique props and architecture which will be used for our project.
- Drawing storyboards which will illustrate the movement of FX and FX animations.
- Drawing redline notes for environments taking game levels to a higher fidelity for the production