Design Intern 2017-Treyarch
- Activision Publishing Santa Monica
- DES000005 Requisition #
Treyarch Design Summer Internship 2017
About the Internship:
We are looking for eager students to participate in our Design Internship Program. During your internship you will work directly with one of our design teams gaining real-world experience and also contributing directly to Treyarch’s future games. You will be creating actual game content and providing solutions to design challenges and problems. We are seeking interns across all of the design departments:
- LEVEL DESIGNER / WORLD BUILDER – Build unique and engaging gameplay and story-telling spaces in the Radiant editor.
- GAME DESIGNER / SCRIPTER – Develop unique combat encounters and puzzles in our proprietary scripting language.
- SYSTEM DESIGNER – Craft unique gameplay content, including weapons, abilities, and social systems.
- UX / INTERACTION DESIGNER – Create step-by-step flows for how players engage with game features using a controller. Design game icons to communicate objectives, game states, and mechanics.
Please note in a cover letter which design discipline(s) you are applying for.
- Experience making games, whether as an active member of the mod community, an independent game developer, or a student pursuing a degree in Game Design or related field (Computer Science, Architecture, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and egoless with the ability to work in a team
Experience with either:
- Radiant, Unreal, Unity or other 3D package OR
- C, C++ or other non-visual scripting language
- Portfolio of Game/Level Design content (school projects or personal)
- Radiant experience
- Photoshop/Illustrator experience
- An understanding of first-person combat and game mechanics
- Love for FPS games
Home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, Treyarch is an industry-leading game developer of the award-winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series. Each of the three AAA blockbusters broke numerous entertainment launch opening records, maintain immense popularity with millions of concurrent users, and continue to be best-selling games of all time.