Environment Art Intern 2017-Treyarch
- ANI0000C3 Requisition #
2017 ENVIRONMENT ARTIST INTERNSHIP
Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, and has garnered a reputation for being one of the industry's premier art, design and technology powerhouses. The studio’s successful track record of releasing AAA blockbuster hits, extensive infrastructure and strong management provides a solid foundation from which it can successfully pioneer major franchises and build on our successes to date.
Treyarch Studios is looking for a talented artist to join our internship program as an Environment Artist Intern. This position requires an individual with strong artistic sensibilities, robust technical skills, and a strong work ethic. The individual must be passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful Environment Artist in the video game industry. If selected for studio interviews, candidates should be prepared to author a 2-3 minute video that introduces themselves, what their passions are, and why they want to be accepted into Treyarch’s Environment Art internship program; candidates should feel free to be as creative as they want in their presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As an intern you will work with various mentors on the Environment Art team to learn different aspects of an Environment Artist’s responsibilities in a game production studio environment.
- You will learn how to create level props from concept to final in-game assets using Treyarch’s proprietary tool set.
- You will learn how to create textures and materials based on real world photography and learn how to dial them in for realism.
- You will learn how to use Treyarch’s proprietary level editor to place level assets and review them in-game.
- Towards the end of the program you will engage in a self-driven project that demonstrates what you have learned while at Treyarch.
- Be an actively enrolled senior level student or recent graduate in a digital arts program.
- A portfolio or demo reel showcasing your student work.
- Possess the drive and flexibility to quickly learn new pipelines and proprietary toolsets.
- Strong traditional art skills including a good eye for detail and a natural flair for composition and color.
- The ability to model 3D environment art assets based on photographic reference using Maya and/or 3D Studio Max.
- A strong ability to create textures using Adobe Photoshop.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with different artists and teams.
- Previous 3D experience for a student project or video game mod.
- Experience with creating component textures (diffuse, specular, normal, occlusion, etc.)
- Examples of diverse environment art assets geared towards game development.
- Experience with a video game editor(s), such as Unreal, Crytek, and/or Unity.
- An understanding of physically-based rendering techniques.