Gameplay Animator (temporary)-Treyarch
- ANI0000BV Requisition #
Temporary Gameplay Animator
We are looking for a long term temporary, full time Gameplay Animator to work on our next exciting project. As a Gameplay Animator, you will interact directly with some of the best artists, designers, and engineers in our industry.
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the Animation Principles and an acute sense of timing and weight. You must have experience with motion-capture editing techniques.
A successful Gameplay Animator is expected to demonstrate a passion for developing high quality games and animations. You are self-motivated, open to learning and expanding your knowledge.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work directly with the department Lead and Senior Animators as well as Designers to identify and execute on the animation needs of the game.
- Creating high quality 3rd person and 1st person animations using motion capture data and/or key framing.
- Creating high quality 1st person weapon animations.
- Follow group standards and best practices.
- Participate in a multi-discipline development team.
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines including art, design, engineering, and audio.
- Manage day-to-day development issues; identify problems and drive creative solutions to fix them.
- Prepare for and attend motion capture shoots as needed.
- Learning the technical skills to assemble highly complex animations to run seamlessly in game.
- 2+ Years Animation experience in the game industry.
- Experience with Motion Capture.
- Experience with Motion Builder is a plus.
- A positive attitude and ability to work on a multi-discipline team.
- Ability to take direction well.
- A passion for developing high quality games.
- Detail oriented and organized. Excellent communication skills.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent. The studio is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records. The studio's previous game, Call of Duty®: Black Ops, set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
The Treyarch family is made up of over 250 development professionals, and a very large portion of us have been with the studio for several years. We are a work hard/play hard team, and foster a collaborative, fun and creative environment, where we enable our developers to do the best work of their careers. We invest and support in the growth and development of our people as a core value, and structure our teams so that individuals can take ownership over their work and advance their craft. Some of our outside activities include an annual golf tournament, Tough Mudder team and running club. Treyarch is also active in giving back to the community in various ways such as food and toy drives, and the Call of Duty Endowment. And we hope you like sunshine because we’re located in Santa Monica, just minutes from the beach!