- CRE00001M Requisition #
Treyarch is looking for an experienced Writer to join their Narrative team for our current and future projects. Reporting directly to the Lead Writer, the role will involve a broad range of tasks related to the development, creation and implementation of narrative assets across a variety of game modes. This candidate must also be a great team player – eager to collaborate with other departments throughout the development process.
What you'll be doing:
• Contributing to story ideas and dialogue writing across multiple game modes.
• Creating supportive documentation to communicate narrative features to other departments.
• Collaborating with other departments in order to develop ideas and resolve gameplay problems through narrative design.
• Assisting in the writing, design and development of dialogue systems for different game types.
• Participating in meetings and play tests with other departments in order to ensure proper implementation of narrative assets.
The skills and experience you will need and bring:
• Experience on at least one shipped AAA console title.
• Prior professional writing experience in games development, comics, television or film.
• A good understanding of game design mechanics in relation to dialogue and storytelling.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Besides an enthusiasm for military FPS titles, you should have an understanding of different game genres and the unique story telling challenges they present.
• Adaptable to the changing needs and workload of the development process, embracing and developing ideas even if they are not your own.
• Excellent research abilities.
• Ability to create high quality work under tight deadlines.
• Experience with writing software such as Word, Final Draft, PowerPoint and MS Excel.
• Self-starter and proactive.
Bonus items that will be even more helpful:
• College degree in screenwriting, creative writing, or similar discipline.
• Knowledge or enthusiasm for military history, tactics and terminology.
• Specialist expertise in fields such as history, sociology, psychology, media or politics.
• Experience with Video editing software – E.g. Premiere/Final Cut.
Candidates will need to submit the following:
• Links to credits and/or writing samples.
Developing games since 1996, Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent.
Prior to entering development for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3, the studio’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 set world-wide launch day records, with its previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops having also set an entertainment launch opening record (2010). Black Ops 2 continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
Treyarch is also the birthplace of Call of Duty's Zombies.
We employ the world’s greatest engineering, design and creative talent and give them the cutting-edge technology, tools and resources that they need to thrive creatively, both on their own and as teams.
It is our life’s passion to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. We are driven by a deep sense of pride, constantly striving to do the best work of our careers, so fans can have the most fun of their lives.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.