Producer - Treyarch
- PRO0001N7 Requisition #
Treyarch is seeking a Producer to join our team and work on our next AAA game. The Producer is the front facing member of production, ultimately responsible for scheduling and tracking large portions of the game. Through their leadership & support, they ensure the team’s ability to successfully develop the game on time and at quality.
A normal day at Treyarch could include:
• Collaborating with Directors and Leads to establish long term feature schedules, milestone definitions and phase/sprint goals
• Driving the development of game features and content from concept to completion, often times on multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Understanding and communicating project milestones, task deadlines, and stakeholder feedback to team members across the studio
• Predicting, identifying and proposing solutions for project risks and issues
• Being in constant communication with Leads and Directors to make sure the project expectations are clear and realistic
• Being a part of the team – working with the teams to overcome complex problems, improve product quality and stay on track
• Chairing meetings to facilitate communication among team members
• Managing Associate Producers or Production Coordinators with a focus on development, mentorship and long-term career growth
• Being a partner to different Publishing groups including Production, Legal, PR and Marketing
• Working with QA Managers to make sure the right things are getting tested and working with the teams to make sure the right things are getting fixed
Who you are:
• Experienced and Knowledgeable: You’ve got at least one full game project under your belt in the role of Producer; you have a passion for games and are familiar with the Call of Duty franchise
• Organized: You can process, organize and track large amounts of information; You keep things prioritized and on time; you can develop a game plan with a flexibility that allows for fast and frequent change
• A Manager of Risk: When it comes to risk, you are always several steps ahead; you get out in front of upcoming problems and are ready to propose solutions; the red-flag is part of your default wardrobe
• A Pro-Communicator: You are able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form; you enjoy and value face-time with the team; you understand how to keep people informed at senior, mid and junior levels; you can speak fluently in all languages of game development across many disciplines; you have strong follow-up skills
• A People Person: you understand the importance of having strong relationships at every level; you maintain a positive outward attitude, even when situations become difficult; you are professional, respectful and approachable
• A Leader: you are the kind of person people want to work for and work with; you are eager to not only hit the quality bar, but raise it whenever possible; Your enthusiasm towards the project is infectious
• A Creative Non-Creative: you can look at the game and know in what ways it needs to be better; you are able to communicate a need for change and can articulate ideas for improvement; you have a trusted eye for quality that Team Leads accept and depend on
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent. The studio is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records. The studio's previous game, Call of Duty®: Black Ops, set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
The Treyarch family is made up of over 250 development professionals, and a very large portion of us have been with the studio for many years. We are a work hard/play hard team, and foster a collaborative, fun and creative environment, where we enable our developers to do the best work of their careers. We invest and support in the growth and development of our people as a core value, and structure our teams so that individuals can take ownership over their work and advance their craft. Some of our outside activities include an annual golf tournament, Tough Mudder team and running club. Treyarch is also active in giving back to the community in various ways such as food and toy drives, and the Call of Duty Endowment. And we hope you like sunshine because we’re located in Santa Monica, just minutes from the beach!