VFX Art Intern 2017-Treyarch
- ANI0000C4 Requisition #
2017 VFX ARTIST INTERNSHIP
Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, and has garnered a reputation for being one of the industry's premier art, design and technology powerhouses. The studio’s successful track record of releasing AAA blockbuster hits, extensive infrastructure and strong management provides a solid foundation from which it can successfully pioneer major franchises and build on our successes to date.
Treyarch Studios is looking for a talented artist to join our internship program as a Visual Effects Artist intern. This position requires an individual with great artistic sensibilities, robust technical skills, and a strong work ethic. The individual must be passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful Visual Effects Artist in the video game industry. If selected for studio interviews, candidates should be prepared to author a 2-3-minute video that introduces themselves, what their passions are, and why they want to be accepted into Treyarch’s VFX internship program; candidates should feel free to be as creative as they want in their presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As an intern you will work with various mentors on the VFX Art team to learn different aspects of a visual effects artist’s responsibilities in a game production studio environment.
- You will learn how VFX artists recreate natural phenomena such as fire, smoke, explosions, dust, water, and weather systems using a proprietary Treyarch toolset.
- You will learn how to set dress gameplay spaces with ambient atmospheric effects and what it takes to produce stunning scripted effects for high-impact game moments.
- You will learn the basics of creating textures for use in particle effects using Photoshop and other 2D/3D applications.
- Towards the end of the program you will engage in a self-driven project that demonstrates what you have learned while at Treyarch.
- Be an actively enrolled senior level student or recent graduate in a digital arts program.
- A portfolio or demo reel showcasing your student work.
- Possess the drive and flexibility to quickly learn new pipelines and proprietary toolsets.
- A good understanding of the principles of animation.
- Ability to work in a 3D particle editor/3D package.
- Good skills using Adobe Photoshop.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with different artists and teams.
- Previous VFX experience for a student project or video game mod.
- Examples of real-time/rendered particle VFX work.
- Experience with a video game editor(s), such as Unreal, Crytek, and/or Unity.
- An understanding of script/programming concepts.
- Adobe After Effects or Nuke experience.
- Experience with FumeFX, Houdini, Thinking Particles, Maya fluids and rigid body dynamics.
- Be prepared to author a video that introduces yourself, what your passions are, and why you want to be accepted into Treyarch’s VFX internship program. Please keep the video between 2-3 minutes but, feel free to be as creative as you want to be in your presentation.