Software Engineer - Destiny
We’re looking for talented engineers to expand the Destiny universe. As a Software Engineer on the award-winning Destiny franchise you will be an owner/expert in one or more game systems, deciding the best direction for its development, and collaborating with your team and others to deliver AAA quality code that can withstand intense deployment. If this is what you were born to do then keep reading…
Your Guardian will be Responsible to:
- Leverage your inquisitive mind, collaborative flair, and extraordinary technical skills to work with game designers, visual artists, audio designers and other engineers to design and deliver software systems that propel AAA game development to unexplored territories
- Exemplify and promote AAA game development standards for code architecture, design, development, debugging, optimization, review, testing and documentation
- Like a Fireteam leader on a raid, inspire and mentor other engineers by establishing mutual trust and respect, intense comradery, frank honesty and joy in each other’s success
- Don’t go it alone, maintain ongoing communication with all concerned factions from the Tower to the Reef
The skills we’re looking for in order to level up your Guardian:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in the game industry or other relevant experience
- Strong OO design and development in C++. C# is a plus
- Experience with current and next gen platforms: Xbox, PS, PC
- Solid and proven ability to work with a team to deliver excellent results
- A passion for developing high quality games
In 2016, Vicarious Visions celebrated its 25th year in the industry. Over the years, we have made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last, and now we are embarking on a brand new chapter.
We are currently partnering with Bungie to further expand the award winning Destiny universe.
Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products – from Skylanders to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 to our recent contributions to this year’s Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. We apply the same dedication to excellence to every video game franchise we’ve worked on over the years and we are bringing that same philosophy to the Destiny franchise.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas but the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Our studio is located in Albany, NY, a thriving northeastern city with an abundance of professional theatre, music, dance, and sports attractions, as well as a backyard full of recreational activities. (That’s a metaphorical backyard. The studio’s backyard has a patio and grill though…with seasonal awning.) And for those looking for more adventures, we’re located less than three hours from NYC, Boston, and Montreal!