Job Title:Senior Brand Manager, Call of Duty-CEEMEA ( Arabic Speaking )
Department: BU Marketing
Reporting to: Marketing Director, International (UK based)
Contract Term: Permanent
Location: Schiphol-Rijk, Amsterdam
Activision Blizzard has been writing video game history since 1979. Our portfolio, developed by our incredibly talented teams, includes some of the strongest franchises in all of entertainment (including Call of Duty, Destiny, Skylanders, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Candy Crush). Our entertainment network has more than 500 million monthly active users in over 200 countries, and we’re continuing to expand our capabilities across new platforms, genres, audiences and geographies.
Through our five key operating units; Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King Digital Entertainment, Activision Blizzard Studios and Media Networks, Activision Blizzard is combining video games on console, PC and mobile, together with eSports and TV & film, as we continue to be one of the most influential and successful interactive entertainment companies in the world.
Our road to victory begins with Talent! Click to explore what it's like to work at one of the world's leading entertainment companies - www.abpeoplefirst.com
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties*:
The Senior Brand Manager is responsible for leading the business management, localised strategic planning, and marketing tactical execution for the Call of Duty franchise in the CEEMEA (Central Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa) region and will have the overall responsibility for creating and driving the Go To Market plan including local ideations.
Marketing / Consumer Results (Effectiveness, Creativity, Consumer and Competitive Understanding):
- Use consumer research to understand and define target audience. Use target as basis for local marketing strategy refinement and programming emphasis.
- Develop, champion and deploy creative marketing plans that effectively and efficiently reach consumer target audience.
- Evangelize brand to external partners (1st parties, Licensors, Distributors, Retailers, Agencies) and by sharing best practices with international marketing colleagues.
- Stay current with competitor launches, marketing programmes and sales performance in the marketplace.
- Understand key marketing programmes and initiatives in other international markets and evaluate for application in CEEMEA.
- Work closely with CEEMEA Trade and Sales team, local distributors and partners to master the countries specificities, risks and opportunities.
Business / Operating Results (Profit, Costs, Revenue):
- Manage Annual Operating Plans for the Call of Duty franchise in CEEMEA. Own the P&L and translation of global brand strategies, in a manner consistent with fact-based business plan building.
- Meet or exceed the Operating Income goals by taking a profit-maximisation approach to Marketing and Brand Management.
- Lead the quarterly reforecast process and work with finance partner to ensure adherence to regional guidance on forecast construction.
- Actively manage brand lifecycle by recommending launch build quantities, profit maximizing strategies based a solid understanding of brand’s pricing, sell in, sell through, channel / barn inventory, WAU’s, MAU’s and competitive environment.
- Ensure accuracy and quality in forecasts of brand revenue, spending, and profitability.
- Develop and implement brand learning plans/post-mortems that measure return on marketing investment and provide indicated actions to improve marketing effectiveness for future title releases.
Leadership Results (Setting direction, communicating priorities and leading a cross functional team):
- Lead the creation of regional strategies and programmes for maximizing brand profitability through demonstrated knowledge of brand equities, the consumer target, brand business dynamics and competitive environment.
- Engage with cross-functional team (PR, Sales, Trade Marketing, Operations, Production Services, Finance) to deliver successful product launches and business results.
- Lead media briefing and planning process through close collaboration with media agency teams. Take responsibility for educating and involving agency partners.
- Clearly communicate strategies, risks and opportunities for assigned brands to all levels of the organization.
- Drive and lead local partnerships with 1st party platform partners with a focus on delivery of added value over and above contractual agreement.
- Support Call of Duty eSports programmes, working with internal and external leaders and partners, to build on our leadership position in the eSports ecosystem.
- Build relationships with external local business partners and influencers, seek to drive on-strategy programmes that strengthen the Call of Duty franchise in the CEEMEA marketplace, assure first class execution of local franchise programs.
- 3-5 Years of Brand Management experience, proven international experience, preferably in Middle East
- Good knowledge of how to use social media in campaign planning
- Strategic Thinking (brand planning, building annual marketing plans)
- Financial Analysis (P&L management, trend analysis, forecasting
- Business Insights (understanding issues, leveraging research & applying insights)
- Consumer Insights (targeting, segmentation, advertising trends, consumer trends)
- Experience working in entertainment, high tech or FMCG sector(s)
- Communication / Influence (includes ability to sell strategies and plans to GBM, cross-functional team, Senior Management)
- Holistic Approach (thinks broadly across the organization and takes into consideration how functional actions impact overall business results)
- Passion for video games and for Call of Duty
- Fluent English and Arabic language skills (Modern Standard Arabic or Levantine Arabic) a must
- Willing to travel on a frequent basis
- Flexible, open-minded, sensitive to cultural diversity
- Team player
Based in Schiphol – Rijk in a very green office park on the outskirts of Amsterdam, situated only 5 minutes from the Airport Schiphol. The office houses a host of different divisions within Activision|Blizzard including; Sales, Marketing, HR, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Tax & VAT. Schiphol – Rijk is easy accessible by car and public transport and it also offers a bus running every 5 minutes to the Airport and train station during daily rush hours. Our Schiphol – Rijk facility offers all employees free fruit & drinks as well as a games room.
* The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.