Associate Software Engineer-Destiny
- Vicarious Visions
- PRO0001D5 Requisition #
Associate Software Engineer Temporary - Destiny
We’re looking for talented engineers to expand the Destiny universe. As an Associate Software Engineer you will be a generalist technical contributor working with senior engineering staff on the next generation of the award-winning Destiny franchise. Interested? Then keep reading…
Associate Software Engineers work on cross discipline teams developing gameplay, systems and tools for Destiny. You will be expected to demonstrate strong self-initiative and come up to speed quickly. Possible platforms include all major consoles and PC. This is a temporary position lasting approximately 12 months depending on need.
Your Guardian will be Responsible for:
• Implement and debug software in C++ and other languages that shatters existing limitations and supercharges new capabilities and designs of the next generation of Destiny development
• Participate in design and code reviews
• Follow group standards and best practices
• Work under the direction of senior engineers and seek guidance when working in new areas
• Collaborate effectively with other disciplines including art, design and audio
• Document completed designs, tools and code
The skills we’re looking for in order to level up your Guardian:
• Recently completed Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Game Development or related field
• Experience developing games for personal or class projects
• Very strong aptitude in C++
• Strong aptitude in math and analytical thinking
• A positive attitude and ability to work on a multi-discipline team
• A strong desire to learn and understand the technologies involved in game creation
• A passion for developing high quality games
In 2016, Vicarious Visions celebrated its 25th year in the industry. Over the years, we have made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last, and now we are embarking on a brand new chapter.
We are currently partnering with Bungie to further expand the award winning Destiny universe.
Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products – from Skylanders to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 to our recent contributions to this year’s Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. We apply the same dedication to excellence to every video game franchise we’ve worked on over the years and we are bringing that same philosophy to the Destiny franchise.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas but the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Our studio is located in Albany, NY, a thriving northeastern city with an abundance of professional theatre, music, dance, and sports attractions, as well as a backyard full of recreational activities. (That’s a metaphorical backyard. The studio’s backyard has a patio and grill though…with seasonal awning.) And for those looking for more adventures, we’re located less than three hours from NYC, Boston, and Montreal!