We’re looking for talented people to bring visual effects to life in the Destiny universe and so we need your help blowing up the galaxy! We are excited to be working on the Destiny universe and pushing the boundaries of VFX in games!
We are a lively, friendly, and enthusiastic group looking for experienced VFX artists with a passion for both visual and technical innovation. VFX artists at VV are always experimenting, tinkering, and exploring methods to create visually stunning VFX. You should have a strong understanding of the challenges of video game hardware and a passion for moving beyond them!
In 2016, Vicarious Visions celebrated its 25th year in the industry. Over the years, we have made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last, and now we are embarking on a brand new chapter.
We are currently partnering with Bungie to further expand the award winning Destiny universe.
Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products – from Skylanders to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 to our recent contributions to this year’s Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. We apply the same dedication to excellence to every video game franchise we’ve worked on over the years and we are bringing that same philosophy to the Destiny franchise.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas but the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Your Guardian will be Responsible for:
- Working with Designers, Artists, and Engineers to create stunning effects and immersive visuals
- Creation of real time particle systems and shaders via proprietary software
- Texture creation for particle systems and shaders
- Simple modeling of objects needed for believable effects
- Performance optimization
The skills we’re looking for in order to level up your Guardian:
- At least 2 to 3 years of professional visual effects development
- Experience with and a good working knowledge of the limitations and expectations of next generation hardware
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with Artists, Designers, and Programmers
- Possesses a good art sense (e.g. knowledge of composition, color, 3d modeling and painting)
- Strong texture creation skills
- Strong working knowledge of 3d packages
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience in writing or configuring real time shaders
You’ll really get noticed with these upgrades to your Light Level:
- Strong understanding of both real time and baked physics systems
- Experience creating and configuring assets for in game particle systems
- Experience with offline FX simulation tools (FumeFX, Houdini, ThinkingParticles)
Our studio is located in Albany, NY, a thriving northeastern city with an abundance of professional theatre, music, dance, and sports attractions, as well as a backyard full of recreational activities. (That’s a metaphorical backyard. The studio’s backyard has a patio and grill though…with seasonal awning.) And for those looking for more adventures, we’re located less than three hours from NYC, Boston, and Montreal!